Tuesday, January 20, 2009

America's Song 2009


Thought I'd post this because it's inauguration day. My teacher for the Sixties class sent this to us and I thought it was a pretty good example of how the U.S. is changing. As my teacher put it, in the Sixties the biggest nightmare of all was for blacks and whites to mingle together. Today this is exactly what has happened and now we have over come many boundaries and have the first black President. Obama is a sign of hope for many and has brought together millions of people. In this video country singer Faith Hill is singing along side Seal and Will.i.am. In this sixties this would have never been possible. If we could have overcome this during such a time of fear, then I have faith that we can overcome anything else that comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment